| R&D ENGINEER, ADVANCE MAGNETIC RECORDING MATERIAL
1. General Summary
Develops, organizes, and participates in magnetic and/or specialty product development and documentation of processes. Interprets, explains and justifies production processes, yield and efficiency improvements, and cost estimates to management.Pursues projects and improvement ideas alignment with the goals of the department and that of Company.
The selected candidate will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic team environment while leading the activities on material selection and processing of next-generation alloys, specifically material for Heat Assisted Magnetic Recording. The selected candidate will have a thorough understanding of the materials processing such as melting, casting and powder processing along with understanding and experience working with processing and sputtering of Fe-Pt or Co-Pt based material. They will utilize their knowledge of sputtering of Fe-Pt or Co-Pt based material, materials processing and the relevant analytical techniques such as DTA, DSC, TMA/Dilatometry, physical metallurgical concepts of phase diagrams, miscibility, solubility and phase transformations to develop new material combinations that improve thin film microstructure and the ensuing magnetic properties and propose changes to improve product performance. R&D Engineer will leverage the existing technology and process where feasible and investigate feasibility of alternate or new technologies that can be disruptive in nature to improve product characteristics or develop new products and processes.
2. Principal Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
· Conducts the development of superior products in support of short-term and long-term customer and market requirements.
· Actively interfaces with the Product development Group and the Operations Group to develop and maintain optimum understanding of products and customer applications.
· Exhibits strong commitment to technical support and project/task completion in accordance with customer requirements and management imposed deadlines.
· Supports accounting team in providing cost estimates for the manufacture of products, especially development and prototype products.
· Conceptualizes designs of test equipment and processes related to new products and provides input on tool and equipment design for subsequent activities.
· Develops, organizes and maintains comprehensive product/process property databases and process documentation library.
· Be a part of a cross functional team and provide technical assistance to pursue yield improvements, process efficiencies and overall product manufacturing cost reductions based on rigorous, data driven analysis.
· Determines and documents appropriate routing sheets, equipment lists, resource requirements, skill level requirements, and engineering Manufacturing Resource Planning.
· Verifies product prints and specifications; instructs and demonstrates new set-ups on equipment to employees; documents set-up schedules; participates in and, where relevant, coordinates production layout; participates in related industrial engineering functions; conducts DOE, SPC, MRB and other key start-up activities; debugs new systems until they are documented and operational.
· Presents comprehensive process and cost information to department and business unit management for evaluation. Interprets and justifies details of costs as required and makes various adjustments to portions of cost estimate specifications in accordance with directions from management.
· Uses sound judgment and exercises authority to stop any process in question, production of defective product or the shipping of product not in conformance with customer requirements.
· Attends seminars, conferences and classes to ensure that the Division maintains position at cutting edge of technology and identifies new business opportunities.
· Adherence to Code of Conduct as applicable to job function.
3. Job Specifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be capable of performing each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Experience in powder metallurgical processes, knowledge of physical/mechanical metallurgy, material science, engineering principles and strong material characterization skills.
Knowledge of fundamental of Sputtering and hands on experience with processing and property evaluation of Fe-Pt or Co-Pt based thin films.
Knowledge of analytical tools and techniques relevant to powder processing such as Dilatometry. TMA/DTA/DSC, SEM, optical micrography, mechanical testing, magnetic property evaluation.
Ability to communicated and interact with internal and external customers effectively.
Must exhibit in-depth technical knowledge of process flow requirements and processing technologies and understand the impact of process modifications on resulting material properties.
Ability to collaborate and work in team environment assuming different roles such as project leader in the area of expertise or team member in cross-functional teams.
Data driven and ability to influence others.
Experience in development or production environment required along with process documentation, development and maintenance of procedures and standards, process flow optimization, demonstrated skills in organizational and project management, cost reduction programs, bill of materials is highly desirable.
4. Education and/or Experience
Degree from an accredited program in metallurgy, materials science, physics, engineering or other relevant field required plus a minimum of 5 years related experience in a development engineering role. M.S. or PhD degree preferred. Development or Manufacturing experience preferred.
In depth practical and/or theoretical knowledge of various aspects of powder processing such as atomization, processing of metal matrix composites, shaping methods such as compaction, CIP, HIP and densification behavior of material.
Ability to derive or correlate the impact of material chemistry and processing parameters on properites such as mechanical behavior, microstructure, electrical and magnetic behavior of material.
Experience in methods such as ball milling, impact milling or other high energy milling techniques and densification methods such as vacuum hot pressing and hot isostatic pressing.
Ability to model process parameter influence on properties visa spreadsheet calculations or FEM/FEA methods.
Experience in structured problem solving techniques and exposure to tools such as DOE and FMEA
Interested Candidates are requested to send your latest CV in Word Format only to email@example.com
EA License NO : 07C55
|How to Apply|
|Go back to last page|