| R&D ENGINEER, SPUTTERING AND MAGNETICS
1. General Summary
Develops, organizes, and participates in magnetic and/or specialty product development and documentation of processes. Interprets, explains and justifies production processes, yield and efficiency improvements, and cost estimates to management. Pursues projects and improvement ideas alignment with the goals of the department and that of Company.
The selected candidate will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic team environment while leading efforts to correlate impact of material chemistry and processing parameters on the sputtering behavior and the magnetic properties of the sputtered thin films as it related to the magnetic hard disk drive. The selected candidate will have a thorough understanding of the sputtering process and magnetic property characterization of thin films. Exposure or understanding of material processing methods such as csting, thermomechanical processing, and/or powder processing is highly desirable. They will utilize their knowledge of sputtering and magnetic behavior of sputtered thin films and the relevant analytical techniques to investigate, drive and implement changes to the processes and improve products, and guide the development of new products. R&D Engineer will leverage the existing technology and process where feasible and investigate feasibility of alternate or new technologies that can be disruptive in nature to improve product characteristics or develop new products and processes.
2. Principal Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
· Conducts the development of superior products in support of short-term and long-term customer and market requirements.
· Actively interfaces with the Product development Group and the Operations Group to develop and maintain optimum understanding of products and customer applications.
· Exhibits strong commitment to technical support and project/task completion in accordance with customer requirements and management imposed deadlines.
· Supports accounting team in providing cost estimates for the manufacture of products, especially development and prototype products.
· Conceptualizes designs of test equipment and processes related to new products and provides input on tool and equipment design for subsequent activities.
· Develops, organizes and maintains comprehensive product/process property databases and process documentation library.
· Be a part of a cross functional team and provide technical assistance to pursue yield improvements, process efficiencies and overall product manufacturing cost reductions based on rigorous, data driven analysis.
· Determines and documents appropriate routing sheets, equipment lists, resource requirements, skill level requirements, and engineering Manufacturing Resource Planning.
· Verifies product prints and specifications; instructs and demonstrates new set-ups on equipment to employees; documents set-up schedules; participates in and, where relevant, coordinates production layout; participates in related industrial engineering functions; conducts DOE, SPC, MRB and other key start-up activities; debugs new systems until they are documented and operational.
· Presents comprehensive process and cost information to department and business unit management for evaluation. Interprets and justifies details of costs as required and makes various adjustments to portions of cost estimate specifications in accordance with directions from management.
· Uses sound judgment and exercises authority to stop any process in question, production of defective product or the shipping of product not in conformance with customer requirements.
· Attends seminars, conferences and classes to ensure that the Division maintains position at cutting edge of technology and identifies new business opportunities.
· Adherence to Code of Conduct as applicable to job function.
3. Job Specifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be capable of performing each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Experience in sputtering, magnetic characterization of thinfilms, and strong material characterization skills are essential.
Knowledge of material processing and manufacturing methods such as casting, thermomechanical processing, particulate material processing is highly desirable.
Knowledge of analytical tools and techniques relevant to sputtering and magnetic property evaluation is required.
Understanding or ability to understand and interpret the impact of chemistry variation on the thinfilm properties is required.
Ability to communicated and interact with internal and external customers effectively.
Must exhibit in-depth technical knowledge of process flow requirements and processing technologies and understand the impact of process modifications on resulting material properties.
Ability to collaborate and work in team environment assuming different roles such as project leader in the area of expertise or team member in cross-functional teams.
Data driven and ability to influence others.
Experience in development or production environment required along with process documentation, development and maintenance of procedures and standards, process flow optimization, demonstrated skills in organizational and project management, cost reduction programs, bill of materials is highly desirable.
4. Education and/or Experience
Degree from an accredited program in metallurgy, materials science, physics, engineering or other relevant field required plus a minimum of 5 years related experience in a development engineering role. M.S. or PhD degree preferred. Development or Manufacturing experience preferred.
In depth practical and/or theoretical knowledge of various aspects of powder processing such as atomization, processing of metal matrix composites, shaping methods such as compaction, CIP, HIP and densification behavior of material.
Ability to derive or correlate the impact of material chemistry and processing parameters on properites such as mechanical behavior, microstructure, electrical and magnetic behavior of material.
Experience in methods such as ball milling, impact milling or other high energy milling techniques and densification methods such as vacuum hot pressing and hot isostatic pressing.
Ability to model process parameter influence on properties visa spreadsheet calculations or FEM/FEA methods.
Experience in structured problem solving techniques and exposure to tools such as DOE and FMEA
Interested Candidates are requested to send your latest CV in Word Format only to firstname.lastname@example.org
|How to Apply|
|Go back to last page|