| Operation Assistant (Data Center)
You will be responsible for providing operations support at a client\\\'s location. You shall manage tape operations; data centre physical security and liaise with external organizations on tape exchanges. In addition, you shall also be required to manage data centre equipment such as UPS, fire-suppression systems etc.
· Perform all daily duties of operator and provide operational support:
· Systems monitoring
· Batch jobs processing including backups (eg. execute/submit, monitor and handle jobs according to work instructions defined)
· Tape media management for on-site and off-site storage
· Server health checks
· Start-up, shut-up, reboot systems, restart services, etc.
· Print Operations eg. generation & distribution of reports, housekeep of printers, etc.
· Job Scheduling using scheduling software provided
· Initiate prompt actions for tasks indicated on the checklists
· Ensure proper hand-over to next shift team member
· Provide data & information for Incident Report
· Logging of events according to defined procedure
· Liaise with users/customers on project related operational matters
· Respond promptly to incident and escalate immediately to next level support as per pre-defined procedure
· Assist in investigating and troubleshooting of reported issues.
· Provide assistance to administrator/engineers in remote management and troubleshooting
· Assist Project Manager in the inventory of hardware equipment in Data Centre. Inventory list provided by PM
· Assist in enforcing security access authorization base on authorization list provided by Project Manager/owner
· Participate in DR Exercise (Disaster Recovery)
· Minimum Nitec in IT or related disciplines
· At least 3 year of DCFM experience
· Experience in operating Microsoft Windows servers and UNIX servers.
· Experience in ensuring systems availability, scheduling/executing/monitoring batch jobs, migration to check-in and check-out source codes, carrying out daily operations activities, on-site and off-site media storage management of backup tapes, reports generation etc
· Able to work independently and in a team
If interested, kindly forward your updated resumes to email@example.com
|How to Apply|
|Go back to last page|